MANNTA Paediatric First Aid Course
For Ofsted, CSSIW and Scottish requirement for Early Years.
Our 12 hour Paediatric First Aid course is perfect for people working or looking to work within the childcare industry including Maternity Nurses, Night Nannies, Daily Nannies, Au Pairs, and Child Minders who care for children and babies up to 8 years of age.
This essential course is held at our Kensington training location every other month from 10am until 5pm, Candidates will learn and demonstrate the correct paediatric first aid skills they may one day need to handle an emergency situation. Candidates are them given 4 weeks to complete the theory part of the course from the comfort of their home.
This Paediatric First Aid course is also very popular with parents and grandparents
The course content
- The role of a first aider
- How to handle emergency situations
- First aid kits
- Communication and casualty care
- Bleeding and burns
- Epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell and diabetes
- Allergic reactions
- Choking and resuscitating
- Head, neck & back injuries
- Eye injuries
- Foreign objects
- Suspected fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Effects of extreme heat and cold
- Febrile convulsions
- Recognising and responding to meningitis and other sudden serious illness
- Recording accidents and incidents
Courses are held at Vanderbilt Hotel in central London, located a stone’s throw away from the High Street Kensington Station, whilst it is easily accessible from the M4.