MANNTA Parent To Be Course
Parent To Be course
Becoming a parent is a life changing experience, the first few days and weeks with your new baby can be a very emotional time for you and your partner. There is a lot to learn and do as new parents, there will be many concerns, as well as questions.
At our ‘Parent To Be’ course we will cover in depth everything you should expect as a new mum in those first weeks and months that NCT groups and hospitals do not necessarily tell you.
Our courses are delivered by one of the UK’s leading childcare specialists who has over 35 years of experience caring for families and their new babies as well as having 5 of her own children.
What the course entails
- Be firm with midwives as to your birth plan as long as you and baby are in no danger
- Your body in the first few days after birth
- What to expect when you get home
- Checks and immunisations after birth
- Preparing siblings for a new arrival
- What to expect when your milk comes in on day 3 or 4
- Saying no to friends and family
- breast or bottle and breast to bottle
- How to establish a healthy and happy breastfeeding
- Do not panic if breastfeeding is not for you
- Rest and recovery (sleep when baby sleeps)
- Recovering from a cesarean section
- Sleep safety
- Bathing baby
- Using a dummy
- Post natal exercises
- How to implement a successful sleeping strategy
- Detecting the signs of reflux and colic
- How to create a routine for your baby
- Diet and nutrition tips for you and your baby
- Understanding why your baby is crying
- Feel more confident as a new parent!
Courses are held at Vanderbilt Hotel in central London, located a stone’s throw away from the High Street Kensington Station, whilst it is easily accessible from the M4.