Silentnight Private Staff will provide a fully trained, experienced and competent domestic Chef or Cook who will prepare and cook meals from fresh ingredients to the individual needs of the household, taking full account of personal taste and preferences.
The role of the Chef/Cook
The responsibilities of a chef or cook will be tailored to the requirements of the household concerned, and will involve
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and hygienic environment in the kitchen at all times
- Preparing and producing appetising and well-presented meals in accordance with the tastes and requirements of the family
- Menu planning, shopping and ordering food
- Keeping aware of food safety issues, including relevant intolerances and allergies
- Managing food rotation
- Ordering necessary supplies and reporting any issues to the employer
In addition, the Chef or Cook may be responsible for
- Managing kitchen budgets and accounts
- Communicating with the housekeeper or other household staff
- Organising dinner parties and other special events
Chefs and Cooks would not normally be expected to undertake household cleaning or maintenance.
At Silentnight we take our responsibilities very seriously in providing the very best private staff the United Kingdom has to offer. All Chefs and Cooks who apply to work with us must pass our stringent vetting process which includes checking references, training, qualifications and experience before we can place them with a household. If working in a household with children they will also require an enhanced DBS check.