Governesses and Tutors
The Role of the Governess Or Tutor
A Governess may work alone or alongside a nanny or parent to undertake the care, education and promotion of the emotional development of your children. The Governess will have extensive childcare and tuition experience.
The duties, tasks and hours that the Governess or Tutor works will be customised to the individual needs of the family and will usually include
- Adhering to the child’s curriculum as agreed with the parents
- Tutoring specialist subjects, for example, a musical instrument or a foreign language
- Encouraging the child’s social, educational and creative progress and development
- Accompanying children on the journey to and from school
- Preparation for examinations
- Homework supervision
- Encouraging exercise and sport
- Ensuring correct etiquette is adhered to at all times
- Arranging outside activities, including museum and theatre visits and other educational outings
At Silentnight we take our responsibilities very seriously in providing the very best childcare personnel the UK has to offer. All Governesses and Tutors who apply to work with us must pass our stringent vetting process, which includes a Enhanced DBS check, and hold a Paediatric First Aid Certificate before we can place them with a family.
Please read and agree to our terms and conditions before booking any of our services.