Silentnight Private Staff appreciates the need for a House Manager to be experienced, capable and infinitely adaptable, able to undertake the many and diverse responsibilities that the role entails. Silentnight will leave no stone unturned in the search for the ideal candidate, suitably qualified and competent to meet your specific requirements.
The role of the House Manager
The House Manager will take responsibility for the smooth running of the household, general maintenance and upkeep of larger properties and private residences. A good House Manager is able to cover for any member of the household staff should the need arise.
The particular duties undertaken by the House Manager may include
- Overseeing home maintenance and repairs, scheduling of contractors
- Coordinating and scheduling other staff, dealing with employment issues
- Planning, organising and directing special events and parties
- Managing security
- Administering household budgets
- Receiving and caring for guests and visitors
- Booking tickets for events, theatres and concerts, and arranging suitable transport
- Running errands
- Making restaurant reservations
- Care of antiques and special collections
- Managing the household when the family is not in residence
- Arranging transport for children to and from school
We take our job very seriously in providing the very best household staff the United Kingdom has to offer. All House Managers who apply to work with us must pass our stringent vetting process, which includes checking references and qualifications together with an enhanced DBS check, if appropriate, before we can place them with a household.