A Housekeeper from Silentnight Private Staff can help you balance your career, family life and childcare as well as keeping your home clean and well organised. Each household has different needs and we take every care to ensure that your Housekeeper is the ideal employee to meet your unique requirements.
Housekeepers may be employed ‘live-in’ or ‘live-out’. A live-in Housekeeper will need their own room and normally be prepared to work 5-6 days per week. A live-out Housekeeper will be prepared to work as required, with a guaranteed minimum number of hours per week. All Housekeepers will look after your home to a high standard whilst maintaining an efficient household routine.
The role of the Housekeeper
The responsibilities of a Housekeeper will be tailored to the requirements of the household concerned, and may include
- Preparing breakfast, keeping the breakfast room and kitchen clean and tidy
- Cleaning the bathroom, including maintaining the bath, basin and toilet in a sanitary condition
- Undertaking the laundry, washing and ironing
- Changing bed linen regularly
- General household cleaning, dusting and polishing
- Cleaning the inside of windows, frames and sills
- Cleaning and polishing mirrors and tiled surfaces
- Clearing rubbish bins and recycling as necessary
- Keeping kitchen equipment and appliances clean and in good order
- Maintaining the supply of cleaning materials and equipment
- Cleaning and polishing silverware
- Watering household plants
- Keeping cupboards, wardrobes and drawers tidy and well ordered
- Reporting domestic maintenance issues to the employer
In addition, the Housekeeper may be responsible for
- Feeding and exercising pets
- Taking children to and from school
- Looking after children in the home
- Running errands outside the home
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- Discussing the menu with the employer and preparing meals
Housekeepers would not normally be expected to undertake gardening, lawn mowing or car cleaning.
We take our job very seriously in providing the very best housekeeping personnel the United Kingdom has to offer. All Housekeepers who apply to work with us must pass our stringent vetting process, which includes checking of references and an enhanced DBS check, before we can place them with a household.