Norland Trained Nannies
School teacher Emily Ward appreciated the need for training in structured early years childcare and education and founded the country’s first college to offer formal tuition in this field at Norland Place, London in 1892. Now situated in Bath, Norland College provides training to the highest level in all aspects of Early Years Development, safeguarding and child protection, child health, nutrition and cooking, child psychology, history, literature, developing a child’s maths skills. The students also learn first aid, Taekwondo self defence, safe driving skills and lifeguard skills.
Silentnight Private Staff is ideally placed to provide you with a Norland Trained Nanny to meet your personal requirements and who will ensure the best possible early years development and education for your children while providing excellence in all aspects of childcare.
The role of the Norland Trained Nanny
The duties, tasks and hours that a Norland Nanny works will be customised to the individual needs of the family and can include
- Physical care of the children
- Maintaining full communication with the parents concerning the care of the children, hours of duty, baby sitting, transport and expenses
- Providing the children with nutritious, balanced meals
- Organising activities promoting the all round development of the children
- Keeping the children’s bedrooms, playrooms, nursery etc clean and tidy
- Cleaning and tidying the nanny’s own accommodation
- Laundry and mending of the children’s clothes
- Maintaining household equipment used in the care of the children in a clean and safe condition
- Ensuring that all equipment, child car seats, buggies etc are used in a safe and efficient manner
- Taking the children to school or playgroup
- Taking the children on appropriate outings and arranging outside activities
- Making preparations for visits away and holidays, and travelling with the children if necessary
- Organising and preparing special occasions, birthday parties etc
- Care of the children during any illness and ensuring the timely administration of medicines
A Norland Trained Nanny would not normally be expected to undertake any general housework.
At Silentnight Private Staff we take our responsibilities very seriously in providing the very best childcare personnel the United Kingdom has to offer. All Norland Trained Nannies who apply to work with us must pass our stringent vetting process, hold an enhanced DBS and Paediatric First Aid certificate before we can place them with a family.
Please read and agree to our terms and conditions before booking any of our services.